Monday, January 11, 2010

I'll see you in my dreams


"Distance is not for the fearful, it's for the bold. It's for those who are willing to spend a lot of time alone in exchange for little time with the one they love. It's for those who know a good thing when they see it, even if they don't see it nearly enough."


Luke 18:29-30
"Truly I tell you," Jesus said to them, "no one who has left home or wife or brothers or sisters or parents or children for the sake of the kingdom of God will fail to receive many times as much in this age, and in the age to come eternal life."


My brother left today to go to New Orleans and work for 2 months. I was driving this morning and wondering if he had left yet, when I started thinking about how long 2 months is. I know there are army wives who go 5 times that long without seeing there loved ones, but when you count on that person's smile to wake you up every morning or greet you at the door every afternoon, 2 months may as well be a million years. Now, I'm not married but I do have a wonderful boyfriend that lives 6 hours from me. There are days that I don't miss him too much. I can go hours without thinking about him, or talk about him and not be sad, but there are also days when it seems like the only way I might get through is if he was here with me. Those days, I can't get him off my mind and, even if it's a great day, I am constantly aware of the hole only he would fill. I don't go to sleep at night with Corey's warmth around me or wake up to his bedhead, but it is still so hard to be apart. This only makes my heart break even more for my sweet sister-in law and the men and women who say goodbye to their spouses on a regular basis. The courage it takes to be so far from your best friend is something you may never think about until you're in that situation. It may seem silly or shallow to be sad about a boyfriend, but if you love someone you want to be close to them and it takes a lot of strength to be so far. I am thankful for the relationship God has put me in, and I would not change a thing. I am also thankful that God has used this to make me more appreciative of the few days, every now and then, that I get to spend with my sweet boyfriend, and more so much more thankful for the men and women who constantly leave their families and loved ones behind to serve our country. 

No comments:

Post a Comment