Thursday, December 30, 2010

Here's to you New Year Resolutionizers.

Hope you are more dedicated than I!  : )


What is it about the New Year that seems to scream “Make lots of impossible goals now?”  I don’t know. I mean really, there is no way I am going to give up my diet cokes. I am addicted. For some reason though, every New Year, one of my resolutions is to stop drinking diet coke. Yeah right. My brother told me the average resolution lasts 17 days. I couldn’t even go seven without my liquid addiction.  But still, it is on top of my resolution list.

Another goal amidst the New Year is working out. Once, when I was a junior in high school, I worked out every single day for about 6 weeks. Then one day my cousin came in town and I didn’t go work out. That was the end of that good habit. However this year, it will be different. This year I WILL work out three days a week. I WILL be a perfect size 6 (or is it perfect size 2 now? 0?).  I WILL drink plenty of water and have toned arms and thighs. I WILL. My school schedule is even set up so that I have 4 hours in between classes, so what else would I do besides work out?! It’s amazing how much time you can spend on Facebook at one time. But back to optimism- I will be working out throughout this New Year, along with no diet cokes. No exceptions… at least that I have thought of yet.

Another resolution of mine that I should probably take seriously is good grades. Although some of you might disagree, I actually am smart. When I apply myself,  I can succeed at anything I put my mind to. The problem is putting my mind to things that don’t involve a sewing machine, a bike, a book, a blog, etc.  But you know what?  This year, it’s on. Straight A’s here I come,  and I am serious because my scholarship depends on it. So this one I might actually stick to, but it won’t be because it’s a New Year resolution. It will be because I cannot afford to NOT make good grades. Does that still count as a resolution though? I mean, I am starting at the beginning of the New Year with my good grade policy. Sounds like a resolution to me!  Woohoo, one I might actually keep.

So to all you New Year Resolutionizers out there, good luck. May your resolutions last longer than 17 days, so that you might say, “At least I beat the majority.”  Because as we all know, it’s really just about beating the majority. God Speed and the New Year be good to you. 

No comments:

Post a Comment