Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Here's to 2012...

A chance to forgive, to do better, to do more, to give more, to love more...and to stop worrying about "what if" and embrace what would be. -New Year's Eve.

Just yesterday I was sitting in class counting the weeks to fall break; then the classes left until Thanksgiving. I bought a great sweater on sale on Black Friday and woke up again on Christmas morning- or at least that's how it feels.

The sad part, or maybe just the true part, is that I don't even remember fall break. I remember thanksgiving day, but not much more of that week either.  Christmas is still fresh on my
mind because I have not yet accepted the reality that it is over already. 

I didn't even have time to make a New Year's resolution, not that I would actually have kept it. I have seriously considered joining the gym and dreamt... Again... About running that marathon. Of course, I'm an excuse maker, so there's that. 

But here's to another year. No resolutions this year, but here's to the possibility. Here's to the Hillary Swank- smile-into- the- air of hope, new beginnings, and remembering the weeks that go by. Here's to walking slower, listening more, and taking in the days that whiz past. I don't think the world will be ending this year, but here's to living 2012 like the Mayans were right. 

No comments:

Post a Comment