Monday, July 30, 2012

Thankful Monday

Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights, with whom their is no variation or shadow due to change. James 1:17 

It is so easy to get caught up in wanting, wishing, hoping for things, that we forget to be thankful for what we already have. In the midst of wanting some things I can't have right now, God shows me (yet again!) how much I already possess.


I am thankful for
a really great and icy Diet Coke on a tired, hot afternoon
my mother's cooking, after a few weeks of fast food and camp meals
and a big, soft bed that I don't have to share, in my own room, under a solid roof

I am thankful for 
that little moment of quiet under a bridge when driving through a storm
a running car that is dependable, that has great air conditioning
and the plastic that covers the light bulbs, separating me and the two wasps on the other side

I am thankful for
the ability to run, and a safe neighborhood to do so
the place I work, the co-workers I have that are mentors and encouragers in faith and in life
and the fact that I am not really in control of anything

I am thankful for
a big dinner table that we all sit around
the moments when my 10 year old nephew needs my help, reminding me that he isn't growing up as fast as it seems
and really great friendships that time doesn't stand a chance against

I am thankful for
Good, clean drinking water at my disposal
the book section in Goodwill
and the way the Bible is completely relevant in every situation

I am thankful for
Old acquaintances that have become good friends
New people in my life 
And lessons learned from ones that are no longer are a part

I am thankful for
how different people are
Needtobreathe music
and really great love stories that end exactly how I want them to

I am thankful for
Iced coffee when it's too hot for regular
the people I get to talk to on the phone at work each day
and the clouds, which have become a new fascination and reminder of God's unlimited resources

I am thankful for
my college
my education
and that I only have 14 hours left.

I am thankful for 
Sonic Happy Hour
Half price appetizers
and Aldi grocery stores, which seem to understand my budget.

I am thankful for 
the Sun, which brings a new day each morning
sleep, which is the ultimate clean slate,
and those days I get to lie in bed and catch up on my favorite shows.

I am thankful for
the good
the bad
and the beautiful, which seem to all be interlinked. 











No comments:

Post a Comment