Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Babies!!!!!! Just Read.

This morning  I was driving to school and talking to Corey on the phone. Some how, we started talking about what a miracle babies are. Now, let me tell you, this was completely random and I think it started with Corey telling me, "Did you know that at one point all babies are females?" Welcome to our conversations. I was not even surprised by this random fact. From there, we started talking about babies and spitting out all the random facts we knew. We came to the conclusion that if you are born, you are a champion. You have already beat 600 million others and the odds. After that, we started talking about work and class and parking, and how I was going to name all of my children "Miracle". I tell you all of that, to get to this point. 
I am sitting in class right now (hope my teacher doesn't read this!) and there are some girls talking about buying pregnancy tests and cigarettes. Girl 1, "So when I bought the test this weekend I also bought some cigarettes. The cashier asked me if I wanted it to be a yes or a no. I asked her what she was talking about, and she said the test." Girl 2, "Oh my gosh, did you tell her no? You hope it is a no?" Girl 1, "No. I told her I hoped it was a 
-enter explicative here- NO!! She just laughed and then I left."
Now, I thought about this for a minute. At first, I just shook my head, but after thinking about it, my heart was broken a little bit. Babies are literally a miracle. In every single way. A gift from God, a miracle of science, a blessing, etc, etc. I hope you all know what a blessing babies are. Whether they are born to a 16 year old or a 36 year old. God does not make a mistake. Even if you think you have, God does not make a mistake. Children are a blessing and a miracle, and to have a healthy child, at any age, is especially a blessing. We should be thankful for them and praise God for them, even if they come at a less than perfect time. That's all I have to say for now. We should realize what a gift we have if we are given a child, and if you aren't ready for a baby, then don't do what it takes to make a baby. Random? Yes. But I feel better now. I hope my friends from class read this. 

No comments:

Post a Comment