Thursday, February 4, 2010

Vaporized.

James 4:14
Why, you do not even know what will happen tomorrow. What is your life? You are a mist that appears for a little while and then vanishes.

I got my driver's license 4 years ago. I rededicated my life completely to Christ and live wholly for him 3 years ago. I graduated from high school 2 years ago.I got a tattoo 1 year and 6 months ago. I got a new car 1 year ago. I applied for Student Life 1 year ago. I got home from Student Life 6 months ago. I started dating Corey 5 months ago. Also 5 months ago, I rode in the MS 150. I reapplied for Student Life 2 months ago. I transferred from Southwest 1 month ago. I have been sitting in this class for 1 hour. 
Basically, I feel like I've blinked one time too many and now I am a sophomore in college, preparing for my career and making plans for my future. My question is, where does the time go? Literally. Where? If I close my eyes and open them again, it will probably be September. I know life is a vapor, but seriously! I guess the reason I am saying all of this is because of this...
Right now is the only time we are guaranteed. We are not promised tomorrow, or even an hour from now. Right now, in this minute, is all we are certain of. Am I living in a way that makes the most of this minute? Am I living in a way that God might say to me, "Well done good and faithful servant. With you I am well pleased"? Am I living in a way, that if I do not get tomorrow, I will be content with what I did today. I know this sounds extreme, but the truth is, life is extreme. It is fast paced and moves with no certain destination. I need to start living like that. I do not want life to leave me behind. I do not want to sit and watch the days go by, thinking about what I could have done or should have done. I want to live with initiative and purpose and  know, that if I'm not given tomorrow, I did all I could today. That is my challenge to you, to myself, now in 2010. Live with initiative. Move with purpose. Plot. Plan. Take the front line. Live. But don't just live. Truly LIVE. 

No comments:

Post a Comment